Hello friends, today I will be cooking a very exciting pasta dish, Ziti, A la Vodka, Bolognese, it’s a twist on Penne a la vodka, and ziti Bolognese, and for those of you who may not be familiar with these dishes, its basically, pasta, with meat, and a cream tomato sauce, and it’s delicious! also my friends I am new to blogging, and I am learning every day, I am working on getting a better format for my recipes, so I can include recipe cards, so if you like a recipe of mine, you can print it out and save it, and I am working on a few other things for you guys as well, o.k. with that being said, lets talk pasta! I think pasta is one of the most versatile foods one can make am I right? it has to be right up there with chicken, I mean there is just so many ways to prepare it, I make it at least twice a week myself, it can be good enough for company, as in lasagna, spaghetti and meatballs, shrimp with fettucine and alfredo sauce, or you can just make a box and top with your favorite jar sauce for a quick week-day dinner, I love it all, well friends here is my recipe and I want to thank everyone in advance for stopping by it means the world to me, I do hope you enjoy this dish and will serve it up with love for your family, after all recipes are meant to be shared after all! Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 pounds of chop meat
- 1 box of ziti pasta I used San Giorgio
- 1 16.oz jar of vodka sauce, I used Barilla
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of table salt ( this is for the water the pasta will go into)
- 1/4 teaspoon of parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper Note: this ingredient is optional, if you do not like your food spicy, do not use this, it will not make a difference to the dish it is not needed.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil
In a large skillet add the olive oil, chop meat, garlic ,garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, parsley flakes ,paprika, chopped onion, and if you are using the crushed red pepper add that as well,
Cook your pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside,
Mix all the ingredients in your skillet together, once it is browned drain off the fat in a colander, return drained meat to the skillet, lower the temperature ,on the stove, and slowly add your vodka sauce, start with 1/2 the jar, and add more until it is the consistency you like, less for thicker meatier sauce, more for a thinner sauce, I think less is better, this way you get a nice meaty sauce, cook until heated through and meat is no longer pink in the middle, 5-7 minutes. it should look like this,
serve pasta on plates and top with desired amount of sauce, sprinkle with grated cheese if you like, Enjoy!!!
- Classic Baked Ziti Recipe (food.com)
- Penne pasta with vodka sauce, yummy (circleme.com)
- Baked Ziti (emilymartin97.wordpress.com)